some of these are scary accurate
FULL VIDEO [x]
Hayao Miyazaki’s studio
1. Don’t think that being published will make you happy. It will for four weeks, if you are lucky. Then it’s the same old fucking shit.
2. Hemingway was fucking wrong. You shouldn’t write drunk. (See my third novel for details.)
3. Hemingway was also right. ‘The first draft of everything is shit.’
4. Never ask a publisher or agent what they are looking for. The best ones, if they are honest, don’t have a fucking clue, because the best books are the ones that seemingly come from nowhere.
5. In five years time the semi-colon is going to be nothing more than a fucking wink.
6. In five years time every fucking person on Twitter will be a writer.
7. Ignore the fucking snobs. Write that space zombie sex opera. Just give it some fucking soul.
8. If it’s not worth fucking reading, it’s not worth fucking writing. If it doesn’t make people laugh or cry or blow their fucking minds then why bother?
9. Don’t be the next Stephen King or the next Zadie Smith or the next Neil Gaiman or the next Jonathan Safran fucking Foer. Be the next fucking you.
10. Stories are fucking easy. PLOT OF EVERY BOOK EVER: Someone is looking for something. COMMERCIAL VERSION: They find it. LITERARY VERSION: They don’t find it. (That’s fucking it.)
11. No-one knows anything. Especially fucking me. Except:
12. Don’t kill off the fucking dog.
13. Oh, yeah, and lastly: write whatever you fucking want.
"It’s the social economic version of “just stop being depressed”"
thats exactly what bothers me about “forget money follow your dreams” like lol ok poor people just stop being poor and do things start a business
just acknowledge we live in a capitalist society and that following a dream isn’t achievable for everyone like. be real. i’m a positive person but i’m not full of illusions about how things work.
It’s a mix of hell and outer space.
how are u going to tell me mermaids dont exist then
i think this is the creepiest post i’ve ever seen.
Daniel Thompson's imagining of Lupita Nyong'o as Storm has been tearing up my timeline today.
I WASN’T READY GODDAMN
I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN